Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Left an abusive relationship, but I can't leave it in the past? **10 pts**?

I was engaged to who I thought was a wonderful man, he was handsome, intelligent, funny, outgoing, everything that I wanted in a partner. He kept up this facade until we got engaged & moved in together. After that he turned into a different person, he would literally punch himself in the face, hard enough to give himself black eyes, he would pick up our belongings & toss them across the room, and I can even recall him putting his fist through my flat screen LCD computer monitor, he started to say the most terrible things to me, telling me that I was ugly, so ugly that he couldn't stand to look at me, & he would purposely go out with his friends despite me begging him to be home with me, and eventually he started taking his "anger" out on me, he would pinch & bite on me, he would pinch me so hard that he would leave bruises all over my body, he even pushed me down onto the couch and bit around my eye socket, leaving teeth marks and bruises on my face for days, he would also slam me up against things when we would argue, also marking my arms and back with bruises because of the force. I know that this is awfully long, but.. I'm very confused. I feel like since he never really HIT me that this shouldn't be damaging me now, especially to this extremity. Though it's been almost 8 months, I refuse to date, and have seriously put on weight, I feel like I overeat to try and protect myself from male attention. How can I slowly get back out there and start feeling good about myself again?

No comments:

Post a Comment