Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Famous Parent and Child Court Cases?

I don't know of any "famous" cases, but I can certainly share my thoughts on the subject. First, I definitely think that parents are responsible for their child's needs. After all, the parents brought those children into the world. I also think that teenagers should be held responsible for their mistakes. However, I also think that parents should be held responsible for the mistakes of their teenagers in certain respects. For example, if a teenager does damage to a third party, whether through damaging their car or stealing their belongings, the parents should be legally responsible to that third person. Although the teenager did the damage, the teenager is unlikely to have sufficient money or ets to remedy the damage. As to the parents versus an innocent third party, the parents should foot the bill. Finally, if a parent provides for their child responsibly, but the child breaks the law anyway, I think the child should be solely liable for their actions except to the extent that, as stated above, I think that the parent should be liable to remedy any damages sustained by a third party. However, if the parent acted responsibly, the parent should not be held criminally responsible for their delinquent teen.

No comments:

Post a Comment