Sunday, August 14, 2011

Is this hormone inbalance stopping me from losing weight?

I am 5'5" and weight 164 lbs which is an overweight BMI. I would like to get in the 130's or 140's like I was a few years ago. I gained the weight from the pill which I was on for 2 years and was off it for a year already. My periods are still irregular and I recently found out that I have way too much DHEA which is androgen I guess in the adrenal glands. My estrogen is low. My others are normal from what I know of. I do have hirsutism as well and it's pretty bad. I'm always craving sugar and most of my diet is sugar, but when I get off sugar, and try to diet(and I mean go from like 2500 cals worth of sugar to 1500 on salads/wheat), I'll lose like a few lbs (like 2 the first week) and stop for a couple weeks and I'll just give up. Could this imbalance be why I have difficulty controlling my weight?

No comments:

Post a Comment