Friday, August 12, 2011

Aint this somethin'.............?

When I told my mam and pap that I was goin' to the mountains to trap an be a mountain man , they acted like thays gut-shot !They said son, make yer life go here. down here's where the peoples is, them mountains is fer wild animals and savages! I said folks, the rocky mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God I was right !.....I aint never seen 'em but my comon sence tells me the Andes is foot hills and the Alps is fer chidrens to play on.......these here is Gods finest sculpturens, and there aint no laws for the brave ones and there aint no asylums for the crazy ones, and there aint no churches septin' right here, and there aint no preachers septin' the birds !...By God I are a mountain man and I'll be one till a bullet or an arrow finds me, then I will leave my bones to lye on this great map of the magnificent......I got the fastest horse, surest rifle, prettiest gal, ugliest dog ! My ol' man could lick any one in the county an I can lick my ol' man, I can out wrestle a grizzly, out grin a mountain lion, ride a lightnin' bolt and tote a steam boat on my back ! and all with a spranklin' a airth quake !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment